Annual Banquet - March 10, 2023
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
The Dakota Ringnecks PF Chapter 0562 banquet, our largest fundraiser and most important revenue source, was held March 10, 2023 at Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club in Prior Lake, MN. The evening's festivities featured a live auction, silent auction, raffles and a Hog Roast! We had a great turnout!
Please contact the chapter if you have an interest in becoming a donor or sponsor.
WHAT YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
Thank you for supporting the Dakota Ringnecks Chapter of Pheasants Forever, located in Dakota County, Minnesota! The Pheasants Forever chapter model allows our chapter to direct how proceeds raised through our local banquet are utilized to support our mission: improving habitat for pheasants, quail, pollinators, and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public awareness, education, and land management policies and programs.
Pheasants Forever's unique system empowers county chapters with the responsibility to determine how 100% of their locally raised conservation funds will be spent.
Below are highlighted some of the work we have been able to do over the past year thanks in great part to the wonderful support of everyone attending our annual banquet.
- Provided some funding for a bridge/dock for better accessibility to the Kirby/Mud Lake property.
- Help with controlled burns in Dakota County along with the Mississippi Longtails PF chapter.
- Provided funding for the long term management plan at the Hampton Woods WMA.
- Partnered with Dakota County Ag Society on a 193 acre conservation easement.
- Held a Mentored Youth/Adult/Family Pheasant Hunt. Mentored 20 participants during hunts on the Vermillion Highlands and the Dakota County Fairgrounds.
In addition to the work performed above, we are vetting other projects to be supported in 2021 and beyond. Some are in our backyard, but with the limited land availability in Dakota County, we also look to other chapters as potential partners for habitat improvements and land purchasing across the state:
- Chub Lake WMA - 25 acre habitat improvements including mowing, treating, burning, and seeding
- Empire Township - habitat/pollinator improvements
- Byholt Marsh, Chippewa County - 145 acre potential land acquisition
- Boone Lake, Renville County - potential land acquisition
The Dakota Ringnecks PF Chapter would like to thank you for your generosity and support as without you we wouldn’t be able to do what we do. If you know of any businesses that may be interested in sponsoring our banquet, please email us at DakotaRingnecksMN@gmail.com.
Dakota Ringnecks Chapter 562