Date(s): Friday, April 01, 2022
Hours: 8:00 AM
Event: Mud Creek WMA Fence Removal Project
Come on out and meet the chapter and our Project Partner Backcountry Hunters and Anglers to do some HANDS-ON work for HABITAT to make a difference in your area!
Please register to ensure we know how many helping hands we will have.
Friday April 1st 8am
Saturday April 2nd - Friday's crew largely completed project. Small group to gather to flag posts that will be removed at a later date.
Sunday April 3rd (No action needed.)
Workday is 8 am to 4 pm
- Small group of volunteers/project leads free fence & posts from thicket area outline above.
- Begin freeing fence from posts are north most point of property.
- Utilize heavy equipment to begin removing posts from ground
- Large group of volunteers separate between East & West Fence line
- Begin to free fence from posts
- Utilize heavy equipment to remove posts from ground
- Roll fence wire in 10-20 yard increments
- Collect posts in small sets along the previous fence line
- Small group of volunteers to mark posts for future removal
Please note that this will be a strenuous activity.
Minimum Age for this work event is 18+ years old.
Please bring a personal water bottle. Water to refill your water bottle will be available. We want to eliminate the waste from disposable plastic water bottles.
Wear weather appropriate Clothing and Boots.
Bring eye and ear protection, and leather gloves. Additional tools: Lopping Shears, Fencing Pliers, Bolt Cutters, and Brush Saws
Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Mud Creek WMA
9488 320th St. W., Northfield, MN 55057 (Map Location)